Coffee with the Principal 11/21/21
Weekly Message - 8/23/21
Dear WHECES Families,
I hope you had a nice weekend! I got to spend time with my grandsons which is always fun.
The first week of school went very well. The students seemed happy to be back and the staff and I are happy to give them both academic and social/emotional support!
I have been getting several complaints about the traffic and parking on San Miguel Street during drop off and pick up. The best solution for everyone is the park and walk. There is no parking on the school side of the street, not even with flashers on. We will be blocking that side of the street starting on Monday.
Covid testing will be done during school again this Friday, August 27. We are still dealing with a pandemic. It is inevitable that someone will test positive and we will have to quarantine some students and/or staff members. If this happens to your child the Community Engagement Department will reach out to you or you can call them at 213-725-5637. We will continue to do our best to keep everyone safe and healthy but it is important that you help as well.
How You Can Help
Be proactive about reducing the number of interactions that students and staff have by practicing physical distancing and wearing a mask to limit the spread of the coronavirus. In addition to physical distancing and masks, another essential tool to prevent the spread of coronavirus is to practice good hygiene. Important public health prevention messages include:
● Stay home when you are sick. Anyone with symptoms consistent with COVID 19 should remain at home in isolation for a minimum of 10 days plus at least 24 hours after the resolution of fever (without fever-reducing medication) and improvement in other symptoms.
● Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Sing the Happy Birthday song to help know when it has been 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use alcohol-based hand sanitizers that contain at least 60% alcohol.
● Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, and then dispose of the tissue and clean your hands immediately. If you do not have a tissue, use your sleeve, not your hands, to cover their coughs and sneezes.
● Limit close contact with people who are sick, and avoid sharing food, drinks, or utensils.
● Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, using a regular household cleaning spray or wipes.
● All students and staff must wear a mask or face covering while on campus.
● Get vaccinated against Covid-19 if you are eligible.
Welcome Message - 8/13/2021
Welcome to Woodland Hills Elementary Charter for Enriched Studies. We appreciate you choosing our school to educate and nurture your child. We are honored to have this opportunity to make this year a unique and valuable experience.
We are starting the year back on campus! We will focus on social-emotional learning along with providing each student with a challenging and rigorous curriculum appropriate to his/her academic level. Every child will be provided a quality instructional experience as well as a balanced curriculum including the arts and technology.
The Woodland Hills community is where children come first and education is our number one priority. With parents and staff working together as a team every child will succeed. We are thankful to have such an active parent community. Educating our children requires that we all work together and the Woodland Hills family is an outstanding example of teamwork!
As your principal, you can expect that I will do my best to ensure that your child is challenged, nurtured, and provided with a safe and stimulating learning experience. If you need to contact me please do not hesitate at all. I will always make time to respond to your needs. I look forward to a successful school year!
Coffee with the Principal ZOOM 8/13/2021
Dear Woodland Hills Families,
The Zoom with the Principal will be on Friday, August 13 at 5:00 pm rather than Thursday, August 12. Meeting ID 987 186 0203. Class assignments will not be finalized until Sunday, August 15.
Covid testing will take place this Friday, August 13 at WHECES from 8:00 am to 3:00 pm. Only nasal swabs will be done.
The office has student and parent pin information available.