Steps for Enrollment
Come to our new student orientation
For residents and charter on TBD
This is your opportunity to learn more about our wonderful school and our programs and to take a tour of our classrooms.
Verify that Woodland Hills Elementary CES is your resident school
- Enter your home address (cannot be an investment property. Only where you live) at http://rsi.lausd.net/residentschoolidentifier/
- Pick up and enrollment packet if you are a resident
- Resident families may receive a packet from the office.
- Return completed enrollment packet
- Resident families are highly encouraged to return completed packets as soon as they receive them, however incomplete packets will not be accepted.
- All immunizations must be current and completed at the time when parents submit a completed enrollment packet.
- Parents seeking after-school care will be able to place their child on a first come, first served basis, upon the school’s receipt of completed packets. There is very limited space. We will not disclose information relating to the list. We will only let you know when your child will be invited to enroll. Positive behavior is expected and a child may be un-enrolled in after school care at any time at the discretion of the program lead.
Residency Verification Documents
Owners: Current DWP bill, So-Cal Gas bill, deed/title, or property tax with parent’s/guardian’s name.
Renters: Parent’s/Guardian’s name must be on both current DWP bill, So-Cal Gas bill, rental agreement or lease agreement with landlord contact information (phone, address, etc.).
Age and Identity Verification
Must be the original birth certificate issued by the state child was born in. Hospital certificates will not be accepted. We will make a copy for our records. Student must have reached the age of 5 by September 1 for Kindergarten. In order to qualify for Transition Kindergarten student must turn 5 between September 2 -December 2.
Immunization and Exam Requirements
|Varicella/ Chicken Pox||1 dose|
|Hepatitis B||3 doses|
|MMR / Measles, Mumps, Rubella||2 doses|
|DTP / Diphtheria, Tetanus Pertussis||
4 doses if last dose was age 4 or later, otherwise
5 doses are required
|Polio||3 doses if last dose given at or after 4 years of age, otherwise 4 required|
|Orange physical exam card||Both sides filled out by doctor and signed by doctor
Date of exam MUST be written on card
|Physical for school entrance should include blood (anemia / lead) and urine||Exam must be done within 6 months of first day of school for K level. Any sooner will required a repeated physical for school entrance time frame
(for 1st grade level, within 18 months of first day of school)
|White Health History Card||Filled out by parent. Both sides required|
|Severe / Life Threatening Conditions
Asthma, Allergies, or other
|If you have a child with a life threatening allergy and may require an Epi-pen at school, you must complete a Medication AND Protocol Form for the Doctor and the parent to complete. Once the completed forms are returned and staff members are trained by the District, the Epi-pen can then be stored on-site.
Inhalers, Nebulizers, Benadryl also require the two forms to be completed for Nurse to store the medications.
Parents are encouraged to also provide peanut free lunches from home, though there is no guarantee that lunches are peanut-free.